Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Inspired by Tim ... Holtz 12 Tags for 2016 for August Part 1

I'm back today with my first take on Tim Holtz's tag for August.  I must say that I was more than a little influenced by Creative Chemisty 103 this time around.  I added a couple of techniques here to Tim's August 2016 Remix Techniques of Brayered Stains and Frameworks.  I started my tag with brayering Salty Ocean and Broken China Distress Stains on my manila tag.  However, the stain color was just a little too bold for my taste.


So I grabbed some Tissue Wrap and added some miscellaneous stamping (using one of Tim's Artful Flight stamps).  I collaged this over the entire tag, thus muting the brayered stain colors.



 I die cut several pieces Tim's Courtyard Framework and began to disassemble them to see what I could make of them.  First, I saw a flower.  It is made up of 3 sections of framework diecut grungepaper painted in Seedless Preserves and Victorian Velvet Distressed Paint.  The inserts are some of Tim's paper stash pieces that I've watercolored with Seedless Preserves, Mustard Seed and Fossilized Amber Distress Crayons.   I used some "petal like" pieces from the framework as leaves.  I painted them with Peeled Paint  and Antique Linen Distress Paint and grunged the edges with Ground Espresso Distress Ink.


 I also saw a butterfly!  Again the butterfly was made from grungeboard framework pieces.  I painted it with Black Soot, Mustard Seed and Picket Fence Distress paint.  I used some extra wire for antennae.  I used foam squares to mount the butterfly to my tag.



 Finally I  saw the gorgeous summer sun.  My sun was die cut out of some of Tim's Paper Stash print paper.  The "petal-like ray" pieces and central "circular sun" piece came from the framework die.  I collaged them on the tag and waterolored them with Distress Crayons. 


I added a fleeting, floating cloud out of corrugated cardboard (popped up with foam squares).  It was painted with white washed Picket Fence Paint and colored with Black Soot and Hickory Smoke Distress Crayons.  The sentiment comes from Tim's Odds and Ends Stamp Set.  It was embellished with a cute charm from my stash (with "fly" remnant rub added).  A stained crinkle ribbon tag tie finished it off.


Well, that's it for my whimsical summer take on Tim's August tag.  I hope to be back this weekend with another version.  -- Mary Elizabeth

5 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Seriously...you turned the Frameworks into flowers and a sun?!! WOW...awesome idea, and so so so gorgeous! I LOVE how you think. Awesome take!

cheiron said...

Wonderful tag! I love the colors especially the pop of purple and you are so creative with your frameworks :)

Annie said...

A fabulous tag Mary Elizabeth x you have clearly been inspired by CC 103 x I have not yet had a chance as been so busy x maybe next week!!

Take care and best wishes x it's lovely to have you visit and leave such kind comments


Annie x

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, look, and this one is channelling summer! So clever to create the flower and the sunshine with your Frameworks, and I really like the background layers, even if they did come about thanks to your initial dissatisfaction!
Alison x

Barbara said...

Love this colorful work! Your use of Frameworks is so creative! Barbara